Bees Boards MA
Custom place sign. Mark your camp, you house number, your cottage or your holiday home. Any text, any design. This particular sign is approximately 20" wide, but can be made bigger at different costs.
Finish can be paint, stain, indoor or outdoor seal. This is truly YOUR sign, exactly how YOU want it to be.
Contact us for an exact quote, any questions, we're happy to help!
Edge grain boards need a little bit of love and care to give you a lifetime of use – so please follow these guidelines!
- They may feel greasy or oily when they arrive. This is normal! Temperature changes during shipping can melt or firm up the oil and wax, and it’s not uncommon for them to seep. This is why they are wrapped in plastic first. Simply wipe them down with a paper towel.
- Never ever *ever* put them in the dishwasher! Big no no! They will dry out, twist and warp and make us all sad.
- Water is the enemy. If possible, avoid leaving them on wet surfaces or soaking them in the sink. If they get wet, just wipe them off when you’re done – the bees wax will protect it, but you don’t want to let it soak and absorb too much.
- Storing them upright helps prevent water from soaking in and causing twists or warps.
- If they start to look a little dry, or sad, or feel rough – give them a generous coating on all sides of the board oil – let them sit for anywhere between 30 mins and overnight, and buff them with a lint free cloth. This will rehydrate the board, and the wax will give it a water resistant coating. You may want to do this more often in the early days to get them nice and saturated.
None of this is a hard science – they are meant to be used, to be cut on, to be tools in your kitchen or grill and home – but like anything, a little bit of TLC will make them love you forever!
If they ever get so rough from use you want to resurface them, spend some time sanding down to 220 grit – then a liberal dose of board butter or mineral oil to bring the color back – and they will be good as new.
We sell our own custom blend of board butter! You can pick up 4oz right here.